Pregnancy and Children
It is easy to confuse COMMON with NORMAL. One thing we do know is that in the majority of cases, these presenting symptoms are accompanied by evidence of subluxation, or nerve irritation.
As Chiropractors, we remove subluxations using gentle, specific adjustments. This relieves nerve irritation and allows your nervous system (the master controller) to work toward healing itself.
“Children do not need help to be healthy, they just need no interference”
For A More Comfortable Pregnancy…Try Chiropractic !
More and more pregnant mothers are realising that they can have more comfortable pregnancies with the help of gentle, conservative Chiropractic care. They are often pleased to be visited by their Chiropractor after giving birth to aid their recovery.
During pregnancy a womans body must make many changes to accommodate a new life. Curves in the back and neck change, weight distribution is altered, and hormones encourage widening of the pelvis. This makes pregnant females more prone to back and neck pain, not to mention leg, groin and pelvic pain.
The birthing process, whether natural or C-section, can place much strain on the neck and spine of a young baby. Infants from the time they are born can benefit from a Chiropractic check-up too! It is gentle and safe, so much so that sometimes their sleep can go undisturbed during an adjustment!
As children grow, reaching milestones such as sitting and standing, to playing sports and unavoidable falls and bumps, it makes sense to visit the Chiropractor to monitor their spinal health.
“One adjustment in the child is worth 50 in the adult”
Did you know?
- It takes 90 – 140 pounds of pull pressure to produce spinal problems, and that this amount of pressure is not uncommon in the normal delivery process
- In a study of asymptomatic children, 15.8% had cervical subluxations (neck problems), and 40% had pelvic subluxations
- By age 7, nearly 40% of children have complained of headaches
- In 1989, research by a medical practitioner and two Chiropractors found that in 316 cases of colic (irritable baby), 94% showed improvement following chiropractic care
- A study published in1996 examined the effectiveness of chiropractic care for ear infections. Conclusion: “The data from this study indicates that limitation of medical intervention and the addition of Chiropractic care may decrease the symptoms of ear infection in young children.”
- In 2002, research on chronic child asthma sufferers found that after 3 months of combining chiropractic adjustments with optimal medical management, children rated their asthma severity substantially lower.